Now that the girls are all in school, we’ve been researching new tablet options for them. We would love something a little more than a Kindle that they could share for educational apps and movies. I have an iPad mini, but I would like it to stay free of kid selfies and apps.
When Verizon gave us an opportunity to try the new Samsung Galaxy Note PRO, I was so excited. I knew that you could use the included pen to write on it, but that’s about all I knew. When I opened the box, the size of the tablet surprised me. It’s SO much bigger than my iPad mini, but about the same weight. The screen is 12.2″, which is much larger than other tablets.I will admit, the screen size was a bit awkward to hold while watching a movie, especially for the girls. They would try to prop it up, but it was quite bulky.
- The screen is beautiful. The HD makes movies look so crystal clear.
- 32 GB of space. Perfect for movies, kids apps and more.
- Size would be great to use to work on instead of a laptop with a wireless keyboard. As someone who does work on-the-go, I could see using this MUCH more than my laptop. This would be great for someone who travels frequently.
- Price. If you want to flat out buy the tablet, it’s $549. There are monthly options available starting at $28/month which you can add on to your plan. I highly suggest that route. Since we’re looking for a tablet mostly for the kids, I don’t think an investment of this much is a good idea.
- Size can be a bit bulky while handheld.
This is a great, solid tablet. For what we’re looking for, it didn’t fit our needs. The price tag was a bit too hefty for a kids’ tablet. That being said, if I was in the market for a tablet for myself, I would LOVE this over the iPad. The 32 GB and screen size would be perfect for blogging on-the-go.
Disclosure: I received this device for an extended testing period. I was not compensated for this review and all opinions are my own. I always promise to give honest reviews, especially of technology and more expensive products. I don’t want you to waste your hard earned money!