Today, the #SundaySupper bloggers are sharing their favorite Nostalgic Summer recipes. Be sure to check out all of the tasty, drool-worthy recipes below.
You can’t have BBQ without potato salad! This is a twist on your favorite, perfect for Father’s day!
Happy Father’s Day!! This super warm weekend is perfect for grilling, don’t you think?! I have a few go-to grilling sides: foil packet veggies, pasta salad, corn on the cob…the usual suspects. Since we are celebrating Dad today, I thought I would share Ricky’s favorite: potato salad. It’s simple to pick up at the store, but making your own is so much tastier! Being able to season your own food is always a plus, too! I tend to find store-bought items super salty!
I have a few variations of potato salad that I make: a healthified one with Greek yogurt, warm German potato salad and this loaded ranch version. The ranch adds tons of flavor and you can’t go wrong with bacon and cheese, right? Some people leave out the hard boiled eggs, but I love the texture they add. Do what you want with those! I like to chop up half and leave one in slices.
The hardest part of making potato salad is figuring out the right portion size. I used to get overzealous and make a HUGE batch. A few days later, we would have half left in the fridge. If you’re cooking for a crowd, feel free to double or triple the batch. This recipe is perfect for 6 decent servings. You can make it ahead of time or a few hours before you’re grilling–just give it at least 3 hours to chill in the fridge.
Creamy Ranch Loaded Potato Salad
- 1 pound red skin potatoes , boiled and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper , chopped
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 .5 cups light mayo or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill , or dried
- 3 hard boiled eggs , chopped (I like to keep one egg in slices for the top)
- 2 green onions , sliced
- 3 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cubes
In a large bowl, add ranch packet, mayo, dill, onion and green pepper. Mix together to form a dressing.
Add potato, bacon, chopped eggs and green onions. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
Sprinkle cheese and remaining egg slices on top of bowl.
Chill for at least 3 hours.
Before serving, taste to see if it needs any salt & pepper.
Looking for more Nostalgic Summer Recipes? The Sunday Supper crew has you covered! Check out all of the other tasty recipes shared by fellow bloggers!
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Seven-Layer Salad with Bacon and Peas by The Hungry Goddess
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Summer’s Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Ambrosia Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cobbler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S’mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemon Coconut Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Rhubarb Cake by Monica’s Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement