Everything But the Bagel spice from Trader Joe’s is a go-to in our spice cabinet–adding it to homemade ranch might have just upped our obsession! Best part: it’s Keto friendly!
As much as I love to try new dressings from the grocery store, nothing beats homemade ranch. You know exactly what’s in it and you can spice it up in fun ways, too. A few years ago I discovered Everything But the Bagel spice at Trader Joe’s and I’ve been adding it to so many recipes.
These Smashed Potatoes were one of my favorite ways to use the seasoning–before we started this low carb lifestyle. Wahh wahh. Heads up: if you DO eat carbs, make these, then dip in this ranch. I’ll watch and drool.
Since we are watching our carbs, this ranch dressing uses Heavy Whipping Cream, instead of buttermilk. The swap out is great…you can’t even detect the difference!
Obsessed with Everything Spice from Trader Joe's? This keto friendly ranch is a MUST try--great for salads, lettuce wraps, chicken salad and more. YUM!
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Everything but the Bagel spice try the Trader Joe's one!
In a chopper or blender, combine all ingredients.
Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Pour into a mason jar. Store refrigerated. Good for up to 7 days.
If the ranch gets too thick, feel free to add extra heavy whipping cream!
So, what do you make with this ranch?
- Kicked up Cobb salad: hard boiled eggs, bacon, grilled chicken and favorite salad fixings, plus this ranch. YUM!
- Cucumber bites with ranch and salami–perfect for an appetizer!
- Chicken salad: add instead of mayo to your favorite chicken salad recipe
- Loaded potato salad. Like with the chicken salad above, swap out the mayo for this dressing in your favorite potato salad recipe, plus add bacon and cheese. YUM!
- Amazing veggie tray: serve with cucumbers, carrots, red peppers and cauliflower
While Trader Joe’s is the most common place to get the Everything But the Bagel seasoning, many other stores have it now, too! I saw it at World Market and Meijer, as well. I love the Litehouse freeze dried herbs, especially the dill–adds a great kick of flavor for dressings.
What do you like to add Everything But the Bagel spice to?