Disclosure: This post is a collaboration with Extended Stay America and Fresh Press Media. All opinions are my own.
Looking for a family friendly hotel? Consider Extended Stay America. With a full kitchen, fold out couches and TONS of space, this was ideal for our weekend stay in Auburn Hills.
Let’s be honest: staying in a hotel with kids isn’t always fun. There’s tons of hype, but when it comes to bedtime, the fun usually stops. We’ve been on a mission to find a family AND budget friendly hotel that works for us…and I think Extended Stay America is it!
We spent a weekend in Auburn Hills to celebrate the twins’ 8th birthday. A jam packed two days of fun, we were looking for the perfect place to stay. I found an Extended Stay on Featherstone Road that was central to where we were visiting and I was so happy they agreed to host us! It was a quick drive to the LEGOLAND area and away from the hustle and bustle of the mall area. Buddy’s Pizza was also super close! We were very happy with the location.
The price is cheaper than most hotels in the area, yet the room was HUGE. I’m talking larger than my first apartment.
- Full kitchen, with a refrigerator, stove and island, plus dishes and a dishwasher. Anyone with kids knows this is a LIFESAVER. We brought snacks and they were so kind to give us a basket of delish snacks.
- Living room area with fold-out couches. With two fold out couches, we had plenty of space for the girls to sleep, yet during the day we had a nice living space. At bedtime, we could watch TV in our master bedroom.
- Master bedroom offers some space away from the kiddos. We could watch TV in our room after the girls went to bed and during the day, the girls could rest in a quiet space.
- Walk-in closet. We loved this to keep our luggage and coats out of the way.
- Large bathroom
- Free breakfast! Not a huge selection, but coffee, muffins, oatmeal and tea. We brought cereal and milk for the girls to have up in our room, too.
- Laundry, if needed. You know sometimes you need those with kids!
- Microwave popcorn and fun drinks (juice boxes, bottles of root beer). These are perfect additions to a movie night in the hotel.
- Bubble bath. The tub is HUGE, let the kiddos take a fun bath…or bring a bath bomb for yourself to take a relaxing bath.
- Special breakfast. Consider a breakfast casserole in a disposable pan or even just a tube of cinnamon rolls. If you have a busy day ahead, it’s nice to have a hearty breakfast!
- Board Games. Since there’s a huge table, have a fun game night! Add a deck of cards or Yahtzee to your travel bags.
- Sleeping bags. There are plenty of blankets for the pull out couches, but aren’t sleeping bags more fun for the kids? Our girls slept in their sleeping bags on the couches and thought they were “camping out”.
Heads up: while this one is in a great location, be sure to check the area and reviews before booking. Many of the Extended Stay America locations have been renovated in the past year, so keep that in mind when reading reviews.
Have you stayed in an Extended Stay with your family? Any tips for hotels with kiddos?