Granola is always a hit in our house, but it’s nice to switch it up! Try this Chunky Monkey version for delish parfaits or just snacking.
I’m collaborating again this year with Produce for Kids to share some information about the awesome programs they have. Stay tuned for more delicious recipes and more!
This month, in celebration of National Nutrition Month, Produce for Kids is kicking off a new Mission for Nutrition program. I just love finding recipes and resources from their site and now there are even more!
As a busy mom of 4, meal planning and prep is essential. When my meal planning is lacking, I can always tell. Meal times end up so much more stressful and we end up turning to unhealthy options. Do you have any tips for successful meal planning?
A free Mission for Nutrition Ebook contains a weekday meal plan with ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In collaboration with the sponsors, Produce for Kids will be donating 80,000 meals to families in need through Feeding America®.
Check out these amazing sponsors!
I’ve been having so much fun creating meals using the items from the sponsors. Earthbound Farm is our go-to for salads–I love that it’s already triple washed for easy salads for lunches or dinner. My go-to is the Power Greens!
Granola is one of those items we always have around our house. When I’m meal prepping, I usually make a batch for us to enjoy during the week. Liam eats it by the handful…I try to make sure he at least starts with a bowl. The girls love it for yogurt parfaits, served with sliced fruit.
Chunky Monkey granola has your favorite flavors from trail mix: peanuts, chocolate, raisins, plus dried bananas and peanut butter. My little guy, Liam, loves to snack alllll day long and I try to balance his love for carby pretzels with something healthier. Crispy Fruit comes in a variety of flavors, banana and pineapple being our favorites.
Aside from snacking, you can add Crispy Fruit to recipes too! We add them to oatmeal, traditional trail mix and now this granola. Banana or apple is perfect!
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 package (0.53 oz) Crispy Fruit dried bananas
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped into medium chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini M&Ms
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add oats, dried bananas, peanuts, cranberries, raisins, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips. Stir to mix together.
- Heat a medium pan over low heat. Add coconut oil, honey, peanut butter and cinnamon. Stir and allow to melt together.
- Pour honey peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients bowl. Toss to coat. Add more honey, if needed. The mixture should be sticky, yet start to clump together. Add mini M&Ms.
- Pour onto cookie sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Break into clumps and store in a sealed container or mason jar.
- Enjoy within 1 week.
To celebrate even more, Produce for Kids will have weekly Sweeps, giving away great prizes like an Instant Pot, KitchenAid stand mixer and more! Be sure to follow on social media and check out the Mission for Nutrition site!
What healthy snacks and dinners do you prep for your family? I’d love more ideas!