Looking for a simple, comfort food favorite? Try this Slow-Cooker Roast Beef using a Rump Roast. YUM! Perfect for Sunday Supper or any busy weeknight.
I am going to lay it all out for you: I’m a kitchen appliance hoarder. Right now, I own THREE slow-cookers and I use them all. It may seem excessive, but they all serve various purposes. My Ninja Cooker has a higher heat, so meals cook quickly–plus I can brown meat with it’s stove top setting. I have a Hamilton Beach one which has a thermometer which is perfect for slow-cooking juicy chicken. When there’s a party or event to cook for, I’ve got you covered!
This is the time of year where you want to gather up classic, no-fail slow-cooker recipes. Roasts are perfect for slow-cookers because they make tougher cuts of meat melt into deliciousness. Since large roasts are on the pricier side, I always wait for a sale or markdown on these cuts of meat. This week, Fresh Thyme has Buy 1, Get 1 Rump Roasts. I found 2 decent sized ones for $17. Not bad, if you consider how many meals they serve.
Step One: Heat your slow-cooker on LOW (8 hours) or HIGH (4-6). Spray with cooking spray. Add cut veggies. I also added mushrooms later, which I forgot to picture. Baby carrots are super convenient, but regular peeled and cut ones work great, too! Be sure to season lightly with salt and pepper.
Step Two: Season beef on both sides and lay on top of veggies. The simple seasoning will add tons of flavor while slow-cooking and form a flavorful crust when you slice it. Once the beef is in the slow-cooker, pour 1 cup of beef stock around the veggies. Cover and go on with your day!
There will be a point RIGHT before the meat starts to tenderize where you’re going to think the roast is going to turn into a hockey puck. TRUST ME, it happens every time. The first few times I made a roast, I was so upset that I ruined it or did something wrong. This happens with pork roasts, too. It will turn delicious about 30-45 minutes after this point.
This no fail Slow-Cooker Roast Beef is perfect for Sunday Supper or a weeknight dinner.
- 3 pound Rump Roast Beef
- 1 small package (10-12 oz) baby carrots
- 1 large, 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 pound red-skin potatoes, halved
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beef stock
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Heat slow-cooker to LOW (8 hours) or HIGH (4-6). Remember all slow-cookers cook at different speeds. Spray with cooking spray.
- Season beef on both sides with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Add veggies to slow-cooker and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place beef on top of veggies. Pour beef stock around beef, on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW and 4-6 on HIGH.
- If desired, after cooking, remove vegetables and beef from slow-cooker and make a quick gravy.
To make a quick gravy, take vegetables and beef out of slow-cooker. Pour juices into a pan, if your slow-cooker doesn’t have a stove-save bottom. Over medium-low heat, consistently whisk in 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken. Taste and season with salt, if necessary. Sometimes I add extra beef bouillon too!
I would love to hear your favorite slow-cooker meals! What are your favorites?