Starting Weight Watchers® can be exciting and overwhelming at first. Here are some tips to get you started!
This post was sponsored by Weight Watchers International, Inc. as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
In January, I decided it was time to lose the baby weight and I joined Weight Watchers. The new Freestyle™ program is absolutely amazing and I’ve been really enjoying the process so far. There are over 100 zero Points® foods now, including eggs, chicken breasts and seafood. I realize it’s not a diet, it’s a life change so the progress is slow.
When you first start out, it can be super exciting and overwhelming at once. There is SO much to learn and it’s a day-by-day evolution of your diet. I thought I’d share some easy tips to get you started right on track!
1-Clean out your pantry! To start with a clean slate, you’re going to want to go through what you currently have on hand in your fridge and pantry. It’s hard to have any tempting foods around, believe me! Any items you keep, it’s helpful to write on the top/label the points value per serving.
2-Find new Weight Watchers endorsed favorites at Walmart. I love when I’m shopping and I see the Weight Watcher endorsement on a product, I always find great new finds!
- JOLLY TIME® Healthy Pop® Popcorn endorsed by Weight Watchers® comes in 2 varieties and they’re only 3 SmartPoints® for the entire bag! I love to make one at night for a filling, simple snack.
- Brownberry® Sandwich Thins rolls endorsed by Weight Watchers® have always been my favorite, even before I was a member. I use them for breakfast sandwiches, as a burger bun and an easy lunch grilled sandwich. You can even cut them into wedges to bake for crackers!
- Flatout® Flatbread endorsed by Weight Watchers® come in a few varieties and I’m always finding new uses for them! They vary from 2-4 SmartPoints®, which is amazing for how filling they are, since they’re packed with fiber. From flatbread pizzas, turned into baked taco cups or even grilled wraps, there are so many uses for these!
3-Stay hydrated. Once you get used to carrying around a water bottle and drinking fluids frequently, it becomes a habit. If plain water is too boring, try adding lemon, mint, fruit or even a sparkling water. I use my fitness tracker to keep tabs on my water for the day.
4-Find fun ways to enjoy the zero Points® foods on the new Freestyle™ program. I have the list of zero points items printed on my fridge and in my purse. I like to turn to it, especially when I’m out of points and hungry, or looking for a healthy snack.
- Eggs are quite versatile- from hard-boiled to even a quick omelette, they’re a great snack or added to a meal!
- Add fruits and veggies to everything to bulk up the fiber in your foods. My sandwiches are always a mile-high with veggies like peppers, cucumbers and spinach.
- Don’t forget about frozen items! They can be cheaper and easier to store.
- Add more fish to your diet– shrimp and tuna can be a great dinner!
- Grilled chicken can be cut up into chilled cubes for a quick post-workout snack.
5-Spice it up. Look for salt-free spice blends to add to veggies, salads and meat. Don’t forget about fresh herbs too! This is the perfect time of year to try growing your own little herb garden in your windowsill.
6-Revamp your condiments. Try swapping out your salad dressings for lower point ones made from yogurt or sugar-free varieties. Since I love spice, I always reach for sriracha or hot sauce, which is usually point free. Greek yogurt is a great swap-out for sour cream and can be made into great dips or dressings!
7-Use the Weight Watchers app. You already spend time on there daily, get to know all of it’s perks! I love to find new recipes or foods to add to my meal plan. To save time, click on the little star in the corner after scanning a food to add to your favorites. It really helps! When I cook a meal at home, I build the recipe under My Recipes.
8-Move it, move it! Even if it’s just parking a bit further away, moving more will help you. It’s totally up to you if you want to use your activity points! I connect my fitness tracker to the app to see how many activity points I rack up.
9-Don’t worry if you go off plan. When you’re getting started, you have to be easy on yourself! We went on vacation and I tried to stay on plan, but I also wanted to enjoy myself. (hello, beach drinks) I remembered that a meal was just a meal…I just had to get back on plan after. Like Aaliyah said “dust yourself off and try again”. It’s a new lifestyle, not a diet.
10-Be social! There are SO many amazing people out on social media sharing Weight Watchers products, meal ideas and more on social media. Also, being vocal about your weight loss journey can actually help motivate you. Shout it out loud! Follow the #WeightWatchers tag on Instagram or Twitter to find some great tips and tricks, even new friends.
Do you have any Weight Watchers tips for me? What products do you love?!
Interested in finding great Weight Watchers products near you? Click here!