This post was sponsored by Starbucks as part of an Influencer Activation. I received compensation and complimentary products to facilitate my review.
Only FOUR days left of school until summer break. Where did this year go?! Last night I sat down to make a summer binder and organize our schedule. Yes, it seems like a bit much–but my kids LOVE a schedule and I know that I’ll need time to get work done.
The first thing I put on the schedule is for ME to eat breakfast. Some days are going to be long with three kids home and I will need some sustenance. Instead of coffee, I have been choosing a calming cup of TAZO® Chai Latte from K-Cup® pods. I kind of think of it as the calm before the storm. I love the bold sweet meets spicy flavor. The new K-Cup® pods come with a packet you sprinkle into your mug before brewing that makes the cup nice and creamy, as if you added half & half. YUM!
As busy parents, I think we don’t take enough time for ourselves…or we feel guilty about it. Remember: you can’t care for others until you care for yourself. The morning tea before everyone wakes up is a special time for me. I can get my lists for the day together and organize my brain.
Other ways you can get some ME time:
- Do a yoga video from YouTube.
- Make a DIY face mask with cinnamon, honey and nutmeg. A mani/pedi are always fun too!
- Plant a quick herb garden for your windowsill. I love checking in on my basil or mint and finding new tasty dressings or recipes to use the fresh herbs.
- Unplug from your electronics and enjoy a book! The app Goodreads app is an easy way to find new authors.
- Instead of listening to a Podcast at home, put one on and go for a run or walk through the neighborhood.
What is your favorite way to get some ME time in? Do you have any tips for us busy parents?
Keep in touch with TAZO® on social media: