Now that it’s officially summer and grilling season, here are some delish and EASY ideas for dinner or sides. These are all perfect dishes to pass for a BBQ, too!
- Broccoli salad. This is a classic BBQ favorite, with a twist: honeycrisp apples. It’s also lightened up with yogurt. I love that this salad can be enjoyed for up to 3 days after making without turning into a soggy mess. Day 2 is actually my favorite to eat this!
- Loaded Ranch Potato Salad. Everyone always asks what is different about my potato salad when I bring it to parties. It’s the ranch packet!
- German Potato Salad. A different twist on potato salad that everyone will be raving about. I mean, hello BACON.
- Tomato & Cucumber Salad. If making ahead of time, just save the dressing for 15 minutes before serving.
- Easy Pasta Salad. Perfect for last minute!
- Pantry salsa. Whip up this easy salsa and grab a bag of chips on your way–people will be asking for this recipe.
- Jerk Pork Chops. Don’t shy away from the heat of jerk seasoning–it’s SO perfect paired with mango salsa. I love to buy a pork loin to slice for my chops, instead of pre-cut. They’re so flavorful and tender!
- Freezer burger patties. When beef goes on sale, I stock up our freezer with these easy patties. You can also use ground turkey! They can be grilled on a busy weeknight straight from the freezer. Great to make ahead of time at a party, too!
- Lemon Basil Boneless Chicken thighs. This marinade is our new go-to for chicken. So flavorful! Use fresh summer basil, if you have an abundance!
- Grilled brats with drunken cheesy peppers. Brats are always a must for summer grilling here in the Midwest! Since the beer cooks off, these are fine for the whole family to enjoy.
- Bourbon brown sugar steak. This is one of my most popular posts…once you try the marinade, you’ll know why!
- Baked white fish with a lemon caper sauce. Until summer, white fish can be hard to find here in Michigan. The minute I spot it, I make this recipe–Gabby’s favorite summer meal!
- Peach tea braised country style ribs. You can use BBQ sauce or another favorite glaze for these boneless ribs.
- Go-To slow-cooker pulled pork. I leave the BBQ sauce on the side so you can re-purpose leftovers for carnitas or other pulled pork meals.
- Honey balsamic pork chops with strawberry salsa. Have you noticed we like pork for grilling season? It’s always on sale and flavorful! You can also use this with chicken!
- Baked BBQ chicken legs. When it’s cold or not grilling friendly weather, try baking!
I’m not a huge baker, but here are some treats for that sweet tooth!
- Ooey gooey s’mores brownies. Need I say more?
- Chocolate covered strawberry shell. Must have for any sundae!
- Fruit cookie pizza. Take a little help from the store with sugar cookie mix!
…and you’ve gotta have a cocktail!
- Triple citrus homemade margarita mix. Skip the store-bought and try this easy mix. You won’t be sorry!
- Watermelon FroséRita. Yup, Rosé meets tequila for this frozen treat, perfect for a hot day!
- DIY sour mix. There are plenty of amazing cocktails that call for sour mix–try making your own!
- Passion fruit frozen Mojito. I hate biting into mint when I drink mojitos, so I decided to blend it up!
- Berry peach gin smash. This is my official drink of this summer. SO refreshing!
- 5 Minute sangria. I bring this everywhere and people can’t believe how easy it is!
Okay, who is having a BBQ? I’ll bring the Sangria!