Looking for a simple Patriotic dessert? This Red•White•Blue Fruit Cookie Pizza is perfect! Using packaged sugar cookie dough, whipped vanilla frosting and berries, this is SO yum! Shhh, no one has to know how easy it was 🙂
I’m all about making semi-homemade recipes. Using a little help from the store is such a time saver, especially for busy nights. As far as baking comes, I like to use packaged mixes and doctor them up a bit. For brownies, I’ll use black bean puree or applesauce to lighten them up. I love gravy packets to add a boost of flavor for slow-cooker meals like meatballs and stew.
With cookie mixes, I really enjoy the flavor that coconut oil gives them instead of butter. Nothing against butter (it’s the bomb!), but switching it up sometimes is good.
Do you ever find yourself forgetting that you have to make a dish to pass? This dessert has your name on it. If it’s not 4th of July, add whatever fruit you want: kiwi, pineapple, raspberries, mango, etc. This is SO fun for kids’ sleepovers too! The honey drizzle on top is a nice finishing touch–you can also add toasted coconut.
Red•White•Blue Fruit Pizza Cookie #SundaySupper
- 1 large package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Optional: zest from one orange
- 1 tub of whipped white frosting
- 1 package strawberries , washed and halved
- 1 pint blueberries , washed
Preheat your oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, add cookie mix, coconut oil, water and egg. Stir until combined. Fold in orange zest.
Spread cookie mix thinly in a 9x13 pan.
Bake 20-23 minutes, or until golden brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Allow to cool 1 hour.
Spread frosting evenly over cookie. Add berries in red/blue stripes.
Drizzle with honey.
This recipe also works in a round pizza pan.
What shortcuts from the store do you love to buy? What’s your go-to quick dessert?
Be sure to check out all of the other tasty Patriotic recipes that fellow #SundaySupper bloggers are sharing!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.