Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BrightMind #CollectiveBias
Last spring, after the twins turned 6, the girls started doing chores. Each Friday, the twins get $1 for their piggy banks. Once Gabby actually starts helping, instead of making messes, she’ll get some money too. All of the chores are simple, like putting silverware away from the dishwasher or putting dirty clothes in a hamper. They love to have extra money to browse at the store–they even saved up for these huge stuffed snakes from the zoo this summer.
Right now, if you spend over $10 on any Purina ProPlan food at PetSmart, you get a $10 coupon back to use later. Don’t you love deals like that? Pets can get expensive and I love to use any way I can to save. Be sure to join their rewards program, too! The dogs get a little gift on their birthday AND there’s great coupons that come in the mail. We love to get them groomed there.
Over the past 30 days, we’ve really noticed visible results from using the Bright Mind food. Leia has a little more pep in her step and she seems to be much more alert during the day–when she’s not napping. Ha! Rambo has always loved playing with the girls, but he grows tired of them hiding his bones because he forgets what he’s doing. Lately, it seems like he is much more alert when playing and his energy level on walks has been great.
- Grooming. Just like you’re teaching your kiddos about cleanliness, pets need attention too. Show them that brushing teeth, grooming fur and baths are just as important for their dogs. We have two dogs that shed, so a fine tooth brush that really puts extra shedding at bay.
- Playtime. After school, the girls love to play outside and I remind them that Leia and Rambo love to play too. With older dogs, especially Leia, they need to remember to be gentle and use size appropriate toys for her. Rambo is much more active, so he can chase balls and bones for quite some time.
- Feeding. We have a large plastic bin in the pantry which has measuring scoops so the girls can feed the pets at 7am and 6 pm. Rambo doesn’t let us forget dinner time, that’s for sure. With the new smaller bites of Purina Bright Mind, Leia is eating much better than she was before!
- Walks. When you think your kids are strong enough to handle the dog, walking is a fun activity to do as a family. They can learn how to control the pet and any training techniques they might need to know. Even if they can’t walk the dog themselves, going along with you for walks is great quality time for everyone!
- Messes. Yup, they can totally scoop some poo–as long as they know they can’t touch it with their hands! We have a large bucket and a scoop stick they can easily pick it up without even being close. My kids don’t have to clean up all messes, but they do know how to do it if it’s needed. We also keep sanitizer outside for right after.