This winter has been so hot and cold–literally. We will have spring weather one day and a foot of snow the next! No wonder we have been getting sick so much! Having three little ones cooped up inside can be quite a challenge–there is only so much entertainment one Mama can have up her sleeve. When Babybel offered to send us a family fun pack, I jumped for joy!
Included was a fort building kit, a movie gift card and a month’s worth of Babybel cheese…or actually a weekend in our house. Olivia LOVES Babybel cheese as an after-school snack. Something about the fun red cases makes it special for her. Any way I can get more calcium in her diet is a-okay with me!
All winter, the twins have been watching Star Wars with Ricky in excitement for the new movie. As a special date, they went to see the Force Awakens for our winter fun weekend with the gift cards while Gabby and I figured out the fort at home.
Even as an adult, forts are still amazing. Something about being comfy cozy in blankets brings out the kid in anyone! The fort kit includes rods and connectors to make a base for your blankets or sheets. The only downside is that we need a few more connectors–I saw the kit at Aldi and I’d like to buy a few more for an epic fort in our basement!
So what’s so great about Babybel cheese? I personally love the convenience of them. I can throw one in my gym bag or purse for healthy, on the go snacking. Each cheese round has 70 calories or less. My girls love the original flavor, but the mozzarella is my go-to. For a special treat, the girls love to have these in their lunch boxes or for Grandma’s house.
Our winter fun weekend was nice and relaxing, just what we needed! Aside from the movies, we didn’t leave the house at all!
FIVE SIMPLE WAYS TO ENTERTAIN INSIDE
- Rotate the toys! After the holiday and birthday season, we put about half of the toys up in a closet. When it seems as if the girls are getting tired of a toy, we rotate it! This is great for puzzles, games and books. Sometimes they’ll completely forget about something they’ve been gifted!
- Cook! Nothing is better than a warm cookie or banana bread when you’re cooped up inside during the winter months. Let the kiddos help you bake something or prep for dinner–it’s educational AND fun.
- Let your kids plan the fun day. One day, the girls planned a SUPER FUN DAY and we wrote fun activities on a dry erase board for the fridge. They wanted to do very simple things like play with Play-Doh or finger paint.
- Makeovers! My girls love a manicure and face mask day with me. I make a simple combination of honey and cinnamon for their masks. Sometimes I will let them play with my old makeup too!
- Library trip. To make a trip extra fun, pick something you want to learn about. Olivia loves to pick an animal or place to find books about. Let them check out 3-4 books and a movie. Be sure to check the schedule, there is probably something fun happening there already! We made simple library card lanyards to keep tabs of the girls’ cards–total lifesaver!
Do you have any suggestions for a fun weekend at home? What’s your favorite Babybel cheese?