We do our best to keep stains at bay with Biz, the ultimate stain fighter. My girls are rapidly growing and our clothes aren’t worn for a long period of time–which means we resell a TON of items each season. Keeping the clothes in top condition is essential for the resale value.
I have a few tricks up my sleeve to treat any style of stain, especially kids’ clothing!
- Don’t throw in the dirty hamper without treating the stain. If you don’t get to the clothes for a day or two, it should be fine if it’s being pre-treated.
- Pour a small amount of Biz on the stain and scrub gently with an old toothbrush. Afterwards, I spray with water and let sit for an hour or so, letting the stain fighter magic do it’s thing.
- Check your stained item before drying. Since the heat of the dryer sets the stain, ensure it’s removed before tossing in the dryer. If need be, re-treat the stain and wash again.
- Pre-Soaking does wonders for large loads of stained items. During soccer season, I add Biz to the washer and pre-soak the girls’ uniforms for at least an hour. I also soak socks, especially in the summer. This works for rugs, place mats and more, too!
- If your washer doesn’t have a pre-soak option, just use a large sink or bathtub!
- Refresh your towels and linens with Biz. For extra fluffy and fresh towels and linens, I add an extra 1/4 of a portion of Biz to the washer. It makes them look almost brand new!
- Wash jeans and prints inside out. After treating the stains, turn these items inside out. I have found that prints and jeans stay brighter with this trick, ensuring better resale value. Glittery and clothing with gems (I have 3 girls!) do better this way too, let contact with other clothing.
I hope these tips helped! Happy stain-fighting!