Looking for a spooky cocktail for fall? This is delicious and easy to mix up for your party…or a weekend 🙂
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Halloween is our favorite holiday. You should see the front of our house: graves, spooky hands coming out of the ground, spiderwebs…you name it! Many years, we’ve thrown a huge party where we serve food and fun drinks.
Bacardi is our go-to rum, especially for parties. There are so many possibilities for mixing and it’s perfect for punch. This punch recipe is adapted from the holiday punch my dad makes every Christmas Eve. My number one rule for party planning is: keep it simple. No one wants to be cooking or mixing up cocktails when there’s great conversations going on!
To make this punch look spookier, I added a nice splash of pomegranate juice. It pairs well with the citrus and has a great dramatic effect. For serving, you can either make the entire pitcher the blood red color, or have guests add to their glasses after pouring.
Make a pitcher of this Bacardi Rum Punch for your next party!
- 1 1/2 cups Bacardi Superior
- 1 can frozen limeade defrosted
- 3 cups Ginger ale
- 3 cups club soda
- 1 cup Pom juice
- 2 whole limes sliced
In a large pitcher, add limeade, Bacardi Superior, ginger ale and club soda. Stir.
Add lime slices.
Fill a glass with ice. Add rum punch 3/4 full, then slowly pour Pom juice on top. Serve with a lime wedge and straw.
5 Foodie Tips for a Party
- Slow cookers are your BFF. They make a large amount of food, keep it warm and there are endless options!
- Don’t forget the condiments and garnishes. I find the most forgotten items at parties are the most important! For drinks, always have plenty of sliced citrus, straws and a shaker.
- Keep it casual. I think simple, delicious casual meals are perfect for a party and it makes your guests feel more relaxed. That being said, make sure the food is easy to eat standing up or off of a paper plate….or have plenty of napkins around!
- Ice. Have plenty of ice –I recommend getting about double what you expect! Use an ice bucket, also!
- Snacks. Even if you have a full meal, be sure to have some little noshes to enjoy before and later in the night.
Be sure to check for the Bacardi Halloween display at your local stores and grab a bottle or two for your next party…or Thirsty Thursday!
What party tips do you have?