Disclaimer: I received free Stonefire products to create this recipe, but all opinions and tasty recipe are my own!
Woohoo! It’s FRIDAY! By the end of the week, we like to celebrate with a family night. Comfy jammies, pizza, games or a movie…until the kiddos crash. Then I catch up on my essential reading with some wine: US Weekly, Entertainment Weekly and whatever else comes in the mail. I’m a total magazine junkie.
To switch it up, we’ve been playing around with different styles of pizza. Stonefire was nice enough to send along some of their Naan Flatbread to try and we’ve been hooked ever since. Aside from regular sized pizza crust, did you know they also have mini-naan? Perfect for personal sized pizzas!
We had leftover chicken taco meat from tostadas earlier this week, so I thought we could turn it into a fajita pizza. You can add whatever fajita toppings you like, we used peppers and onions, plus creamy avocado to top after baking. For sauce, you can make your own pantry salsa, or just any store bought variety you have on hand.
- 1 chicken breast
- Tajin Mexican seasoning (or any Mexican spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/3-1/2 cup salsa
- Mexican shredded cheese (Queso Quesadilla is AMAZING on it!)
- Optional toppings: Hot sauce, avocado, sour cream, cilantro, lime
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Cook chicken breast, seasoning with Tajin and cumin. Allow to cool until you can shred.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with Pam and allow to heat up for 3-4 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions, season liberally with Tajin and cumin. Add shredded chicken to the pan.
- Spread salsa onto flatbread, just a thin layer. Top with fajita mixture.
- Sprinkle lightly with cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing.
- Add optional toppings!
How do you like to unwind on Friday? What kind of pizza do you love?