Remember No-Bake Cookies? And you know you still love Rice Crispy Treats, right? Well this is an updated version of both! I’ve heard SO much buzz about cookie butter for the past two years, but I had no clue what to do with it when I bought it. I mean, it’s great by the spoonful…but what else do you do with it?! For you who don’t know what cookie butter is, it’s crushed up spiced cookies made into a spread form–like a peanut butter, but with cookies. SO good.
With all of the hustle and bustle of holiday baking, I’m always looking for tasty and EASY cookie recipes. Since this is no-bake, these Cookie Butter Balls are perfect for the kids to help with…just allow the mixture to cool a bit more than normal before rolling into balls. The flavor of these is SO familiar, I haven’t been able to pinpoint it yet, though! Almost like the Girl Scout coconut cookies, minus the chocolate. Or Rice Crispy treats, plus gingerbread spices.
- 1 cup Cookie Butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- 2 1/4 cups sweetened coconut
- dash of salt
- In a medium saucepan, heated to medium heat, add honey, dash of salt and cookie butter. Stir until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add Crisp Rice cereal and 1 cup of coconut.
- Stir to incorporate, set aside and let cool enough to handle–about 20 minutes.
- Pour remaining coconut onto a plate.
- Roll crispy rice mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll in coconut, pressing to make it stick.
- Place cookie balls on a baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week (they will NEVER last that long!)
What cookies are you making this holiday season?