It’s no secret, I love fruity cocktails…it’s funny I don’t share them more! Since it’s my BIRTHDAY weekend, I thought I would make a list of my favorite go-to drinks. I’m turning the big 3-2 and cannot wait to celebrate with a relaxing weekend with my crew.
All of these use simple ingredients and can be made for a single glass or a crowd.
Some essential cocktail items:
- Muddler: for mojitos
- Blender: either small smoothie or larger
- Shaker, Hand Juicer
- Fresh ingredients!
I’m not super picky about brands of alcohol…I’m sure I should be! Here are my go-to (and budget friendly!) choices. Costco has the best prices if you’re looking to stock up a larger bar.
- Tequila: Margaritaville or El Toro (has a red hat). Both under $15– I prefer gold for mixing in drinks.
- Gin: Seagrams or Gordons. Of course, Van Gogh is the best–but SO not budget friendly.
- Rum: Bacardi Silver or Malibu for flavors.
- Vodka: despite what I thought in college, UV vodka comes in something besides blue (ummm, thank God). I love their grapefruit, marshmallow and other flavors. SUPER budget friendly too!
- Wine. It’s no secret that I love Aldi wine. They have a red blend (Intermingle) which is my favorite. They have quite a variety of red and whites. If you’re local, GB Russo’s is a MUST. They have a bargain area and aisles at various price points.
Pomegranate Margarita Slushie. Quick and easy–perfect even in the winter!
I seriously make this 5-Minute Sangria for EVERY gathering I attend. It’s always a hit. Shhhh, no one has to know how easy it is!
Since it’s citrus season, this Skinny Paloma is perfect. I use a little hand juicer to get all of the juice out of a grapefruit, holding it over a strainer to collect seeds. To keep drinks light, I like to use liquid stevia, instead of sugar or simple syrup. The squeeze ones from Skinny Girl or Stur are a lifesaver–and they come in various flavors!
I haven’t always loved gin…until I started making this Blackberry Smash. Now I’m hooked. Zevia is a great alternative to sugary pop. This drink actually won runner up in the BlogHer Food drink contest last fall and was served at the bar all weekend during the conference.
Watermelon Skinny Pina Colada. Great with strawberries, too! Now that it’s not quite watermelon season, I just buy the pre-cut chunks at Meijer.
A few more…
Okay, I think you’ve got quite a list of tasty drinks to try!
Let me know what you think and what YOUR favorite drinks are!