This post is a collaboration with Shipt at Meijer. All opinions are my own.
Third trimester means: nesting! Check out my list of items you actually need…plus how Shipt from Meijer is helping!
Shipt has been in our lives for almost a month now and it’s been helpful during busy weeks. Do I still visit the store? Yes…gotta get those Fitbit steps! But there are times when getting everything delivered is oh-so convenient. In a few months when the baby comes, I’m positive I’ll be using it quite a bit!
I’m in my third trimester now and completely nesting. Last week, I realized how little time we have left and SO MUCH TO DO. Every closet has been organized, bathrooms scrubbed and I’ve been purging clothes like crazy. I think Ricky is liking the nesting…ha!
Late at night, I start to make lists and Shipt is actually helping me check items off! Diapers? Check! Wipes? Check! Free & clear detergent? Check! Since this isn’t our first rodeo, we know exactly what we need for this little guy.
Things You Actually Need:
- Diapers. Kinda a no brainer, but for real. You’ll need LOTS. Like think 8-10 PER DAY. Get a variety of brands and sizes because you’ll never know what your little one loves. I tape receipts to the package to return in the future, if they don’t work out.
- Free and clear detergent. I never fell into the baby detergent price trap–it’s kind of a waste. Stick with a fragrance free version of your normal one and you’ll be a-okay!
- Wipes. Remember, they’re for more than bums. And you’ll need a TON.
- Newborn mittens. These lightweight mittens are super helpful in the beginning so your little one doesn’t scratch their little faces (or yours!) with their nails.
- Nursing gear. Invest in some comfortable postpartum bras, liners and a few nursing tops. Wait for sales and slowly stock up.
Things You’ll (Probably) Never Use:
- A wipes warmer. Unless your house is kept at arctic temps, you’ll be fine.
- Tons of cute outfits...especially if they have special washing instructions. Or need to be ironed. Three super cute outfits is plenty, then stock up on onesies and sleepers.
- Fancy Schmancy diaper trash bin. They seem so ideal, until you have to haul the heavy stinky bag out of the container. Trust me. We tried and then with Gabby, we just took them straight outside.
- That 4-Figure Stroller. Just because a Kardashian has one, doesn’t mean it’s necessary. Head to the store and try out a few–you’ll find one you love that’s less than your mortgage, I promise.
- Baby shoes. They are so cute, but so unnecessary. Wait until they’re a bit older for shoes.
With a few clicks of a button, I was able to stock up on diapers, wipes, baby wash and more…and have it delivered right to my door with Shipt. Nesting has never been so convenient!
Have you tried Shipt yet? Here’s all of the details you need to know!
What baby items do you find necessary?