The holidays are coming up quickly! Don’t be a holiday grouch like Bruce, be prepared. Here are 5 tips to start planning for the holidays–plus a great new holiday book Santa Bruce by Ryan T. Higgins!
This post is a collaboration with the Disney Book Group. All opinions are my own.
This year has flown by and, before you know it, the holiday season will be upon us. WHAAAT?! Don’t worry, you can easily get prepared…no need to let the season leave you feeling grumpy!
In the new book Santa Bruce, available in stores and online now, Bruce is a bit grumpy…especially about the holidays. When he’s mistaken for Santa by his forest friends, a funny story unfolds.
The girls were cracking up with this book, it will be a holiday staple to our book collection now. This is the fourth installment of the Mother Bruce series by Ryan T. Higgins, which includes Mother Bruce, Bruce’s Big Move and Hotel Bruce.
Don’t be grouchy like Bruce, here’s 5 ways to prepare for the holidays!
- Slowly stock up on baking supplies. When you’re at the store, grab an extra pound of butter or bag of chocolate chips. It will help you spread your budget out a bit, instead of all at once.
- Sign up for email alerts and texts. Most stores send out coupons and deals through their email lists. You can save a LOT of money with these. To help keep your main email box clutter free, start a second email for stores.
- Make a list! Start a list on your phone or paper with everyone you’d like to buy gifts for, plus a budget. This will help you when you’re shopping, especially if you jot down ideas throughout the year.
- Consider experiences over traditional gifts. During the holidays, it’s easy to get caught up in buying the “hot items”, but consider experiences like plays or family trips instead. There are many great places within driving distance that would make a great mid-winter break!
- Shop end of season clearance sales. Right now, summer items are being marked down, but think of them for holiday gifts too! Ideas: chalk and jump ropes make great stocking stuffers, or back-to-school supplies like crayons, glue and more can be turned into craft kits. Think outside of the box!
Have you read any of the Mother Bruce books? What things help you from getting grouchy during the holidays?