Do you LOVE the Tomato + Cucumber Salad from Noodles & Co? This one is EVEN better! Perfect for lunches or summer sides.
In an effort to balance out my crazy unhealthy pregnancy cravings (ice cream, cookies, cookie dough dip…), I’ve been making salads for lunch daily. I realize the salads don’t veto the chocolate–but can we just pretend it’s helping?
Side note: we find out THURSDAY the sex of the baby. I’ve had some concerns about having twins again, but the doctor still wanted me to wait until I am 20 weeks. Yes, she got a major side eye. Everyone is rooting for a boy, but honestly I wouldn’t even know where to start with a boy!
Okay, back to this delish salad. If you’ve ever visited Noodles + Company, their Tomato Cucumber salad is to die for. The longer the veggies marinade in the dressing, the better it gets. I like to add the veggies on top of spinach and toss with grilled chicken. Or you can add the salad inside of a wrap. Obviously, it’s great on it’s own too. In the heat of the summer, this is the perfect salad to bring to a BBQ. It’s mayo free and is a huge crowd pleaser!
Love the Tomato + Cucumber Salad from Noodles & Co? This one is even better! Fresh and light, this is perfect for lunch or to bring to a summer BBQ!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- 2 cups English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar (or Apple Cider)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo Chili Powder (or Chili Powder)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In small mason jar, add EVOO, vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, ginger and honey. Put lid on and shake. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cucumber, tomato and red pepper. Toss to combine. Add red onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with dressing in mason jar. Sprinkle with Chili Powder.
- Let marinade in refrigerator for about an hour.
To bulk up the salad, serve on top of mixed greens or spinach. It's great with grilled chicken, beef or shrimp!
If you’re not a fan of heat, you can leave out the chili powder, but I promise it just adds a little kick of flavor.
- With grilled shrimp, prepare rice pilaf, then spoon Tomato + Cucumber salad on top. Sprinkle with feta cheese. YUM!
- Prepare dressing as is, but spiralize veggies instead of chopping, adding zucchini in the mix. Toss for a new twist on this salad