These healthified chicken wings are perfect for your next party–or a Saturday night in. You’ll never bust out the fryer again!
Ain’t no thang but a chicken wang. Gotta love old school Outkast. My taste is music is so sporatic, I will admit that. I’ll also admit that I’m not a huge fan of chicken with bones. But there’s something irresistible about a good, crispy chicken wing. The hotter the better, too!
These wings are allllmost guilt free. I mean, compared to deep fried wings they’re not too shabby. You still get the crispy skin AND however much heat you prefer. This oven baked method can be used for larger pieces of fried chicken too!
The key to super crispy wings is using a cooling rack on top of your cookie sheet so the heat gets around the entire piece of chicken. I like keeping the wings their larger size, just clipping the pointy tips off. Some wings you’ll buy will have the drums and the wing parts already separate. Any variety will work!
As far as seasoning goes, these have a simple grill spice–21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe’s is my favorite! You can use Cajun, Asian, BBQ or whatever you prefer for a dry rub. As the wings bake, the spice will give them a great flavor. Afterwards, you can toss in traditional buffalo sauce or whatever you please. Basically, these are SO versatile.
Crispy wings from the oven? YUP! Once you try this recipe, you'll never bust out the fryer again.
- 2-3 pounds Chicken Wings
- 3 Tablespoons Grill Spice (such as 21 Seasoning Salute)
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, such as Franks
- 1/3 cup Litehouse blue cheese crumbles
- Litehouse Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- In a plastic bag, add baking powder and 1 tablespoon of the grill spice. In two batches, shake wings in the mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with a cooling rack. Line chicken in rows and sprinkle with additional spices. It might take two pans to fit all of the wings.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with buffalo dipping sauce and blue cheese dressing.
Since I adore the Litehouse freeze dried line spices AND their dressings so much, I thought I would do a giveaway! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? These spices are amazing for any cooking needs. They’re flash frozen at peek freshness and add a quick pop of flavor to any meal. I’m not the best at keeping fresh herbs around–these are shelf-stable and perfect!
You have until 11:59pm EST on Monday, March 20th to enter. I’ll use random.org to pick the winner!