You are less than an hour away from a delicious glazed ham dinner! This sweet pineapple glaze takes your ham to the next level…plus all ingredients are from Aldi! YUM!
With Easter coming up, I HAD to share this ham recipe. For some reason, there’s a misconception that ham has to take allllll dayyyyy long. Nope! This one is made in about 45 minutes and it’s already sliced for you. Bam-what? (Anyone else watch Liv & Maddie with their kiddos…or when they’re not even around?)
I refuse to buy spiral ham anywhere but Aldi. Obviously, I shop there frequently, but their ham is the BEST. It always turns out delicious and the price can’t be beat. After holidays, I always stock my freezer with one or two on markdown for throughout the year.
So what makes this ham even better? The Pineapple Glaze from Carla Hall’s recipe. I made this for a Fox17 Morning Mix TV segment last December and everyone gobbled it up in record time! You can serve this with some cheesy potatoes, asparagus, rolls or even mashed potatoes. Whatever floats your boat.
Last year, I had the chance to meet Carla Hall TWICE–it was total fate that I ended up the year cooking her recipe on TV. She is just as charming in person and totally normal for a celebrity. Her recipes are always jam packed with flavor–be sure to also try the Whiskey Brown Sugar Steak during grilling season.
A delicious ham dinner in less than 60 minutes? YES PLEASE! This Pineapple Glaze can't be beat. Perfect for Easter or any gathering.
- 1 Specially Selected Spiral Cut Double Glazed Brown Sugar Ham (available seasonally)
- 1 cup pineapple juice (taken from the can of Sweet Harvest Pineapple Slices)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place the ham cut side down in a 9x13 pan
- Over medium-high heat, bring remaining ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to and bubble until reduces to 1/2 cup. (About 10 minutes)
- Carefully pour the hot glaze over the ham, spooning over ham evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes, until well-glazed and heated through.
- Serve on a large platter, with extra drippings on the side.
Recipe adapted from Carla Hall's Pineapple Glazed Ham via Aldi
Most items should be available year-round at Aldi, but some are considered seasonal like the cinnamon stick or spiral ham.
To switch it up, Aldi has some fun side alternatives perfect for Easter:
What are your favorite items to buy at Aldi? Is ham your go-to for Easter or holidays?