Disclaimer: This post is a collaboration as a Curly’s BBQ Ambassador for 2017. Throughout this year, I’ll be sharing delicious recipes featuring Curly’s BBQ!
These are sure to be a hit at your next party! Smoked pulled pork belly sliders with a bright Asian slaw.
When I throw a party, I love to have delicious food, but being stuck in the kitchen is no fun. It’s great to have recipes on hand that are simple to prep ahead of time and can come together in minutes. Taking help from the store is a great way to accomplish that!
Curly’s BBQ has been our favorite for years. I like to pick up some pulled chicken in the refrigerated meat case at Meijer for a quick weeknight meal or BBQ Chicken Pizza on a Friday. Having go-to prepared meats on hand is key for any busy family. Aside from chicken, Curly’s offers pulled pork and new RoadTrip eats with unique styles of meat. Keep your eyes peeled for these new varieties!
Pork belly isn’t something I can easily make, so buying the Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Alabama Style is a lifesaver. Once you heat this pork up, you’re instantly transported to your favorite Southern BBQ joint. The flavor is out of this world–slight smoky mixed with the buttery pork belly. While I was making this recipe, the girls couldn’t keep their little fingers out of the bowl. I couldn’t blame them!
To switch up your typical pulled pork slider, this Asian slaw is a bright alternative. The bold flavors pair so well with the smoky meat. If you’re serving at a party, make the slaw dressing in a mason jar ahead of time and toss with the slaw salad before assembling the sliders. For guests who don’t enjoy the Hawaiian bun, this slaw can also be a chopped salad to top with the RoadTrip Eats Alabama Style Pork.
- 12-pack of Hawaiian Mini Rolls
- 1 package Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Alabama Style
- Asian Slaw:
- 1 package Slaw Mix
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Slaw Dressing:
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a pourable bowl, mix ingredients for slaw dressing. Whisk and set aside.
- Using a medium bowl, toss Asian slaw ingredients. Just before serving, pour dressing over slaw and mix with tongs.
- Heat smoked pork belly as desired. Meanwhile, slice Hawaiian rolls in half and toast.
- To assemble, add slaw to the bottom of the toasted bun. Top with warm pork belly and the bun topper.
- Serve immediately. You can also serve the slaw and pork belly as a salad!
This recipe is entered in the Curly’s BBQ Showdown—it’s a recipe match-up
challenge where you vote for your favorite. I would love if you voted for my recipe!
Not only will I be entered to win a prize, but you will have a chance win a trip to
Phoenix for the game on April 3rd, just by voting!
What’s your favorite variety of Curly’s BBQ? Do you have a go-to party recipe?