Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Savings.com
I’m a huge bargain shopper, especially when it comes to shopping for kids. Check out my FIVE tips! Plus, 20% off at Foot Locker!
Back-to-School season means one thing: Fall sports are here! On our calendar, we have soccer and gymnastics, plus I’m trying to get more workouts in during the day when the girls are at school. After going through our clothes, I realized all 3 girls had growth spurts this summer. We needed new sneakers, yoga pants and more!
Since they wear their sneakers almost daily, quality is important. We love the selection at Foot Locker! When there’s a sale, we like to stock up. Today and tomorrow (9/11-9/12), there’s an additional 20% off when you spend over $99! Such great savings! Simply use the code: LKS16923. As always, some exclusions apply, so be sure to read the fine print.
With 3 kids, we have to save any chance we get. Here’s a few tips I love to share, since you all know I’m a bargain shopper!
- Shop off-season. I’m a huge off season clearance shopper. When my kids were little, it was much easier to guess what size they’d be wearing. This time of year is perfect for buying shorts, tanks, swim suits and anything warm weather related. Don’t buy anything at less than 70% off, though!
- Coupons! I never shop for clothes without some sort of coupon. It can be from an email, Sunday ad, an app or whatever–be sure to keep your eyes peeled! I also sign up for any store reward programs or emails–just be sure to make a “coupon” email, so your main inbox doesn’t get flooded.
- Set a price range. As I’m shopping for items, I have price points. I won’t spend more than $10 for jeans, $5 for leggings and sneakers $40. If I see sneakers for $15, I’ll buy a size up too! If you’re conscious of what your budget is, it’s easier to spot deals.
- Swap items. It’s quite easy to find gently used athletic gear for kids. Just ask your Facebook friends! Since kids grow so quickly, many times items are only used for one season. Ballet shoes, baseball gloves, cleats, shin guards are all easy to find!
- Keep everything clean and sell unused items. Going along the lines of swapping goods, if everything is in great condition and you’re NOT using it, SELL! Craigslist is my favorite route for this. Take clear photos and make sure everything is clean. Last year’s cleats can be sold to make money for this years!
Foot Locker has SO many amazing prices and items to browse on their site. Favorite finds:
- Under Armour Logo Fleece Hoodie
- Great Selection on Converse for ALL sizes!
- Soccer Cleats for Girls (very hard to find in certain sizes!)
- Search Sneakers from prices Low to High and find great deals like these K-Swiss ones!
What sports are your kids playing this fall? How do you save money?