This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayFavs #CollectiveBias
Quick and easy lettuce wraps using Tyson® Sweet & Spicy Any’tizers! Perfect for a light dinner or your next party!
I will admit this now: I am NOT a sports fan. I will attempt to show team spirit, but I’m totally clueless about what’s going on. I AM good at whipping up snacks for my sports loving friends, though. Having friends over for game day is fun for me because I love cooking for people…plus, any chance to catch up with my favorite people is a-OK in my book!
When I’m putting together a spread for a party, I like to keep it budget friendly and simple. If I can, I love to use a few helpers from the store. Tyson® chicken is a go-to for quick and easy snacks–but I also like to make recipes my own.
Friday mornings are my day to shop at Meijer for the week. Gabby doesn’t have preschool, so we can head over to the store in the early morning, after dropping off the twins. This week, there was a 2-day sale and I had tons of mPerks clipped. To get ready for upcoming parties, I wanted to stock up on Tyson® snacks. We love that Any’Tizers come in various flavors now. Since I had this Asian Lettuce Wrap recipe in mind, the Sweet & Spicy Bourbon ones were PERFECT.
On mPerks, until 2/6/2016, you can save $1.50 on any 2 Tyson® Any’Tizers or Crispy Chicken Strips®. Also, you can earn points with every purchase of Tyson® Any’tizers and Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips® at PlayOff Play-Offs Visit www.tysonplayoffs.com to enter. SCORE! (Look at me, sounding all sporty! Touchdown!)
Since all of the work is done for me with the Any’Tizers, these are perfect for either a regular dinner or a huge crowd. The simple Asian slaw can be doubled, tripled or more to meet your lettuce wrap making needs. Aside from these wraps, this slaw is great alone as a salad, just add extra lettuce and cabbage. I love that the Any’Tizers are made with all white meat chicken.
I have found that Boston Bibb lettuce is perfect for wraps. It’s crisp, yet soft and holds together well.
Simple crunchy and sweet Asian slaw is paired with Tyson® Any'Tizers for a new game day favorite: lettuce cups! Make the slaw ahead of time, then assemble when friends arrive! SO simple!
- 1 package Tyson® Any'Tizers Sweet & Spicy Bourbon
- 8 oz bag classic slaw mix
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 mango, diced in small pieces
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts, crushed(SEE NOTE)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar (or Apple Cider)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce, leaves washed for cups
- Cook Tyson® Any'Tizers according to package.
- Separate lettuce leaves, wash and dry. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cole slaw mix, shredded carrots, green onions, peanuts and half of the cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix together: hoisin, remaining cilantro, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger, honey, soy, vinegar and sesame seeds. Whisk with fork to create a slaw dressing.
- Pour slaw dressing over slaw mixture. Toss. Add mango.
- To assemble lettuce cups: chop Any'Tizers into bite sized pieces. In a lettuce leaf, sprinkle slaw until about half full, top with Any'Tizer.
- Serve immediately. They are great warm or cold!
If you have a peanut allergy in your home, substitute crunchy Asian noodles. To save time, make slaw dressing ahead of time. Dress the slaw after putting the Any'Tizers in the oven.
Since these have a bit of spice to them, I like to pick up Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips® for the kids or people who don’t like heat. For a quick dipper, I mix ranch dressing with honey and mustard for a tangy dip! You can also use the Crispy Chicken Strips® for the lettuce wraps.
What’s your game day go-to recipe? Have you tried Asian Lettuce Wraps before?